I initially stumbled upon Urban Outfitters's home collection when I clicked on a cute shelf on Pinterest. Through said pin, I found out that they're hosting a really fun contest called "Pin a Room, Win a Room- Small Spaces Edition". Normally, I find these types of "pin it to win it" contests overdone and too much work, but when I saw the sheer amount of awesome apartment items on urbanoutfitters.com, I changed my tune.Read More ➛
This old frame we found in the trash? It got transformed into a chalkboard with the help of some very inexpensive chalkboard spray paint- I highly recommend it!
Ta-da! Check out our gallery wall/plant spot/chalkboard, all of which we get to enjoy daily, as they sit above our kitchen table.
In addition to the teacup planters, we added some air plants, candlesticks, my favorite little clock (the red mixer) and a few other odds and ends. The best part? We can change up the look whenever we want by adding new knickknacks or drawing something new on the chalkboard.
Do you like?
PS- the "Happy Birthday Mom" is dedicated to Eric's mom, and the picture of Maggie was in honor of her first day of doggie daycare aka "camp".
I really, desperately want to post pictures of the new place and all the fabulous decorating I've done, but to be honest, I haven't even finished unpacking yet! My tiny room is a mess- all of the extra storage containers I used in my dorm room are unnecessary in the new apartment, because it has built in storage. Everywhere. Who would have thought?
Also, I haven't found the memory card reader I use to post photos, so I couldn't show you pictures even if I wanted to.
In other news, Rach, Arielle and I made our first apartment dinner last night: vegetarian chicken parm on whole wheat spaghetti with a side of broccoli. It was delicious and only took about 30 minutes. Rachel attempted to take some photos, but the lighting in our kitchen is horrendous. We're going to have to work on that because I would love to start food blogging.... we'll see.
Oh, and somehow I managed to burn three of my fingers last night, without even touching anything. I was minding my own business, taking a break from cooking and watching the broccoli spin around in the microwave. All of a sudden, the saran wrap covering the broccoli bowl started bubbling up (someone, I won't mention names....wrapped it around too tightly, which is one of the reasons I prefer to use wax paper...), so I, being the spontaneous person who wants to fix everything, promptly opened the microwave and attempted to remove the saran wrap.
Suddenly, hot steam enveloped my fingers and I screamed. Yup, I managed to burn myself without even touching anything. FML.
I think there's a life lesson here:
If something is in the microwave, it is most likely hot and you shouldn't touch it. Ever. Your fingers will thank you.