Have you heard? There's a new interactive shopping startup in town and it's got style! Little Black Bag is the wardrobe essential you never knew you needed. It's like if Sole Society (take a quiz to receive personal results and pay a monthly fee to get discounted items tailored to your personality) got togehter with eBay (the suspense of the countdown clock) and Swap.com (swap things you don't want for things you do) and created a site for bags, baubles, beauty products and more.
Here's how it works:
- Take the quiz to help LBB determine what you like.
- Select an item- you pick the first one and LBB picks out a few more. You can't see LBB's choices until you agree to purchase.
- Choose whether you want to purchase the one time option ($49.95 for now but going up to $59.95 soon) or the monthly subscription ($49.95/month).
- Open your bag and examine the goods. See something you don't like? No worries, you can trade with other users until you get something you do like.
- Once you're satisfied with your bag, have it shipped.
- Open your package and if you're unhappy with any of it, send it back and get a refund or credit toward your next bag.
Here's my current bag. I chose the Olivia + Joy bag in the center, and traded a cuff I was on the fence about for a pair of earrings. I then traded said earrings for a fun Betsey Johnson ring. The only thing I didn't love? Those coasters. No one else seems to like them either, and I can't seem to get rid of them.
What I like:
- The concept- LBB is a great way to treat yourself to a monthly gift while discovering new brands and adding to your accessory collection.
- The return policy- don't like what's in your bag? You don't have to keep it!
- The social aspect- give feedback on the items in others' bags and get feedback on what's in yours.
- The delights- high end products (like $300 bags) at no extra cost.
What needs work:
- Unsubscribing from the monthly option- I accidentally clicked this and had to email to get it reversed. Fortunately, they were extremely quick about it.
- The quiz- my results were close, but I still ended up with lots of items that weren't "me".
- The LBB chosen items- I wish I had more options, maybe they give you 4 choices and you get to pick two. That way, you probably won't hate anything- I'm looking at you skinny neon green watch made for a sporty girl.
- The pricing model- $49.95/month is quite a committment, even if you can pass on a bag. I'd like to see a "Mini LBB" option for $24.95.
Interested in trying out Little Black Bag for yourself? You can use my invite :)
* Thank you LBB for providing me my first bag free of charge. All opinions in this post are my own.