Anyway, when Susan, the hostess of the event, challenged our group to make a cake featuring the BlogHer logo, I just couldn't say no. I know that baking is a science, but I got a little creative with a basic cake recipe, added a few personal touches and voila- a cake was born!
Raspberry BlogHer Cake - Get the recipe!
Recipe adapted from Cooks.com:
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Approx. 1 cup of frozen raspberries and their juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 8x8 inch pan.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for approx. 45 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely. Ice as desired- I used homemade chocolate raspberry ganache.
Now, I can't really tell you how this cake turned out, because I never got a chance to try it. There was so much food at the BBQ that I think it was forgotten. Plus, the icing managed to melt on the way over, so all of my hard work was for nothing. The cake became a melty brown, blue and green mess. Well, at least we have this photo as proof that I did step up to the challenge.